Monday, May 5, 2014

My Junior Year

Well, here I was. I had put my sophomore year behind me. Just two more years to complete my public education requirements and I would be on my way to college. I still had a long road ahead of me, but it hopefully won't be that long for you, the reader.

My junior year was my favorite year in high school, but it was also the same year that I reached the darkest depths of my mind and almost wasn't able to crawl my way out. It probably prepared me for my future as a loser that I had ahead.

There's a lot to look forward to this year: My involvement on the Student Council, my first job, another Drama Festival, more music festivals, another academic trip, my second job, and of course, several more unrequited crushes.

As I did my sophomore year, I'll go into detail about the classes I signed up for, but only the first four periods because I kept the same two classes, Choir and Drama, for fifth and sixth period all three years. The only difference was that for the Drama class, I couldn't really take it again, as it was a solid English credit. However, the school created a class called "Masquers" (after the name of the Drama Club) that took place in conjuction with the regular Drama class and was an activity credit. As I mentioned before, I was the only student who took the class three years in a row. After my senior year, they discontinued the Drama and Masquers classes, thus killing the school's theatre program.

Because I didn't have any girlfriends, I'll likely be able to get through my junior and senior years a lot more quickly than my sophomore year, but I do have plenty of other things to tell you about along the way. I hope you're able to tolerate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment