Monday, January 26, 2015

Ugh! Another unexpected break

I've been working to keep up a hectic pace with this blog by trying to post something about my life's story four days a week and some video commentary on Fridays. I've reached a point in which I need to take another break, about a month after I took the last one.

When I first started this blog back in September of 2013, I had a lot of downtime at my workplace, so I had a lot of opportunities to write new articles way ahead of time and post them on a daily basis. (You could say I was getting paid to do the blog.) If my workload increased, I still had plenty of articles in the can that I could use until I got more downtime.

Sometimes, that downtime didn't come like I wanted it to, and I would have to take breaks from time to time to allow my inventory of articles to grow. Recently, I changed positions in my company and while I was told that it would be very busy during January, no one knew that it was going to reach a level in which it would be difficult for me to get any downtime, except toward the end of the day.

This meant I had to find time to write. I used to exercise for about an hour every day before work. I started using that time the past couple of weeks to do the blog instead. That has had consequences. I can feel myself gaining weight, which was being kept at bay by my workout routine.

I need a strong body to support my mind, not only for this blog, but for the work I do. This will be my last article for a few weeks while I get back into shape and get some more articles ready to blast out. Don't worry, I'm still here and will continue to work on the blog, but I don't know how long this break will last.

Please use this time to catch up on any articles that you may have missed. With more than 300 posts on this blog, I'm certain there's something you haven't read or forgot that you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment