Tuesday, February 25, 2014

High School Enemies: Pid

I don't know why it was, but I seemed to attract the morons who wanted to cause me mental anguish by acting like they were my friend, but treated me in a condescending and patronizing manner. Pid was the worst of them.

I don't know when I was first aware of Pid. I know we were in the ninth grade together, and I guess he had been in Artesia since the beginning of the 7th grade. However, I don't have a solid memory of his existence until the first day of high school, when he was in my home room. Somehow, we managed to stay off each other's radars until then.

We sat next to each other. During lulls in the first day, he tried starting conversations with me. Our student council representative made a presentation about the things that had been planned for the school and that they had a Citizen of the Month award. There would be one homeroom meeting every month, and each homeroom would take nominees for the award. Pid told me, "I'm going to nominate you for that!" I thought this was odd because I really didn't know him, but okay. It was nice to be well-thought of, and I wasn't about to pull that jerk move that Johd did the year before. Pid nominated me, but I didn't get selected.

I didn't realize until later what a big twerp Pid was the whole time. I was a little blind to it when it was going on (probably because of my likely Asperger's). Pid was not one of the Alpha males and he was not one of the best students. In that respect, he was just a little lower than me in the pecking order at high school. Maybe he just thought if he pecked hard enough, he would somehow rank higher than me on the social level. That's pretty bad when someone thinks they have to compete with me for status.

I guess the thing that really ticks me off when I look back and think of Pid is that he had a sister named Elz who was a year younger than us. Elz was cute and smart. I remembered thinking very well of her when I was in the ninth grade. I didn't realize until junior year that she was of any relation to Pid. I probably would have done more to pursue Elz if it hadn't been for Pid. He was already giving me a hard time about stuff in school. Imagine what he would have been like if I started kissing his sister.

I had Pid in Chemistry my junior year and in Physics my senior year. He didn't do so much to me in Chemistry, but it was in Physics (which also included Johd and Jend in the class) where he discovered he had a better platform for humiliation. There were other students who joined the war against me in that class.

I never saw Pid or Elz again after I graduated. From what I gleam off the Internet, they both wound up in Texas. He went to Lake Jackson and she went to Pflugerville. It appears that neither one of them married nor had children. That's starting to become a theme among certain people in my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment