Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Unusual Friend: Saqd

I've mentioned about how I didn't have many prospects for girlfriends after I got switched back to the overnight shift at KZZO in Clovis, NM. There weren't many women who called just to chat during those hours. Every once in awhile, someone would call, but they weren't really worth meeting.

One night, in the middle of one of my many low points with Marz, I got a call from a woman named Saqd who wanted to talk. She was a year younger than me and was a single mother. When she told me her last name, I asked her if she was any relation to Kyz. It turned out Saqd was her younger sister.

We talked a while longer and she asked me to come over to her apartment to meet her after my shift ended at 6am. I really didn't know what to expect. I thought she'd probably be fast asleep by the time I got there and wouldn't hear me knocking on the door. When got there and I knocked, I heard her tell me to come in. I found her in the living room with her baby boy. She had long, blonde hair (which I'm pretty certain she colored). She wore a lot of make up. (But I saw her without her make up and she looked really horrible. I normally don't think much of make up, but she was one of the few women I'd met who actually needed it to come close to appearing attractive.)

We talked for a little bit. Then she asked me to give her a massage. I wasn't too certain about that, but I knew this wasn't going anywhere. She layed on her stomach and pulled her shirt up to expose her back. I started massaging. Now, I had been used to giving Marz massages. Marz had nice, firm skin and it was very pleasurable to caress. However, Saqd still had some port-partum blubber and her skin felt like I was pulling up globs of gunk with my hands. It not the least bit sexy, but she really seemed to enjoy it.

I wasn't there more than a half-hour. When I left, one thing was pretty clear: If I had wanted to have sex with her, I could have. I think she was actually expecting it. That was one of the good things about still being a virgin. I wouldn't just sleep with anyone who appeared to be that willing and desparate.

I put her out of my mind until about a month later. I got a phone call from someone who sounded like she was drunk. She was griping about how I wasn't picking up the request line when she called it. I figured out pretty quickly it was Saqd. After ranting a few minutes, she said, "You don't even know who this is, do you?" I said, "Yes, I do. You're Saqd!" There was silence on the other end of the phone. We talked a little bit, but it wasn't about anything in particular.

Outside of that, I don't have a lot of really interesting things to tell you about Saqd. I hung around with her a few times after that, but the main thing is that meeting her led me to get stuck in a Friend Zone with one of her friends whose name was Betz. I'll be writing about her tomorrow.

After I'd moved from Clovis to Denver, I came back about six weeks later. I ran into Saqd in the Downtown area. That was the last I saw her. When I saw Kyz in 1993, she gave me an update on her, but I don't remember what happened.

From what I found on the Internet, she appears to have been married three times. I don't know if she had any other children. She lived in several different locations, like Albuquerque, Lawton, OK, Bowie and Amarillo, TX.

But it's not like that's going to have any impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment