Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A few rules I'm forcing myself to blog by

There are a lot of things you should know about this blog. The first is that I will be covering a lot of ground in my childhood. If you only want to read about my life as an adult and skip my childhood David Copperfield-style, maybe you should check back here in a couple of months. I do not have my chapters planned out at this point.

I should also add that I am not going to be writing my life's story as if it were a Charles Dickens novel. If I write about something happening in my childhood that comes back and bites me in the butt as an adult, I'll just cut to the chase and give you the payoff.

I will not be discussing my religious upbringing. I already did that with my "A Liberal Christian" YouTube commentaries. You can check those out by going to youtube.com/aliberalchristian. I spent a year on this project, and for the time being, I am not planning on making further contributions to it, except to respond to any comments that may be posted on the videos.

I will be doing video commentaries connected to this blog along the way on YouTube. The material in the commentaries will be separate from what gets written here. Now, there will be times when I may use a commentary to touch on a theme I bring up in this blog, but it will be completely fresh and amend the points that I make in my writings. I will likely post the YouTube videos as blog entries here.

While we're still on the subject of YouTube, I do not plan on monetizing my YouTube channel. I didn't monetize my "A Liberal Christian" channel, either. The main reason being that I don't think you should sit through a 30-second advertisement to see a 60-second video. However, if this project really takes off, I may change my mind about that. With the A Liberal Christian project, I never would have tried to make money from it on YouTube.

I will not be using anyone's real names in this blog. This will keep me from getting into any kind of legal trouble down the line. Just to keep them separated, family and friends have a "d" as the last letter of their first name. Any girls or women that I dated or was interested in dating will end with a "z."

I will not be going into deep details about my sexual encounters. I will probably just go as far as to say that I made love with someone and leave it at that.

I will also not detail the wrongdoings of people I know, unless the activity had a direct impact on me. So, if any of my friends or family members spent time in jail, you're not going to know about it unless I was actually involved. This blog is about me and my personal drama (or comedy, if you want to look at it that way. That's how I have to look at it).

I should add that I will not detail any meetings with celebrities, of which I've had several. However, I do have one exception to this rule and you will see that much later on.

Now, with the initial rules out of the way, let's introduce you to the initial cast of characters that will be populating various aspects of this blog.

First is myself. I am Fayd Ogolon. While it is not my real name, I am known in many circles by this and since it has been part of my artistic endeavors and I can include this among them, I will keep this moniker for my blog. I was born 09/01/1964 in Fort Sumner, NM.

Since I am not using my real name, it is only fitting that I not use the real names of my family members, or other people I have associated with. This will keep me from getting into a lot of trouble down the line.

My father will be referred to as Dad. He was born 08/16/1942 in rural Curry County, NM. My mother will just be Mom. She was born 08/18/1943 in Garner, TX. My parents were married on 12/27/1962 in Fort Sumner, NM.

My brother will be known as Loyd. He was born 03/18/1968 in Artesia, NM.

Since I'll be starting with the early part of my life, expect me to make mention of my Grandfather and Grandmother Ogolon and my Grandmother Bend. I never knew my Grandfather Bend. He died about nine years before I was born.

Dad had two sisters that I knew, one older and one younger. They will be called Pand and Berd. Mom had an older sister, a younger brother and a younger sister. They will be called Mard, Ord and Cind.

There also numerous other uncles, aunts and cousins. They will be named as we go along.

My family played an important part in shaping me as an individual. Some of it good and some of it bad. You will likely find that even the good parts still contributed to me being a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment