Friday, October 16, 2015

It's Sing-Along Time!

Some children's songs can be fun to sing, but they can be sources of embarassment. I'd like to keep more kids from looking out of touch when singing this particular ditty:



I was once with a group of kids singing this song. I had never heard it before, but it was easy to catch onto the melody. That meant I didn't know the trick to the song in which you leave out each letter of the dog's name every time you sing the verse. So I looked pretty stupid when I was the only one singing the letters. I thought, "Okay. Well, next time I'll know." However, there was never a next time. I never got to sing this song with a group of children again, so I didn't get to see anyone else embarassed by this. There's a version on the Little Baby Bum channel that includes instructions during the song, but it still does not make sense. My version makes sense in that it's about six farmers, each owning a dog with a different name.

No comments:

Post a Comment