Monday, February 19, 2018

Girlfriend #7: Jolz, Part 2

Jolz and I were going further down the path to courtship. After the first movie we went to, we talked on the phone a few times. We decided to go out on another date, but this time, it would be by ourselves. We decided to see "Shakespeare in Love." (For once, I picked an appropriate film to take a date to.)

We met outside the movie theatre in El Cajon. We sat in the back and held each other closely during the film. It was rather nice spending that kind of time with someone who liked me. After the film, we said goodbye and I gave her a quick peck on the lips. She seemed glad that happened.

We talked on the phone a couple of times the next few days. She said that we could see each other again on Friday. She was going to be taking some of the residents from the Volunteers of America facility (where she worked) to the rodeo in El Cajon. We could sit next to each other, but we couldn't act like it was a date. We couldn't hold hands or anything because she was supposed to be on the job. However, she said we would get to hang out after she got everyone back in one piece.

It had been a long time since I'd been to see a rodeo. My father and grandfather participated years before I was born. I was very familiar with the culture. The only difference was that it was hard for me to consider those who competed as real cowboys. Yes, they were athletic, but they never had to herd actual cattle in order to get food on the table.

I got to the arena and I found Jolz. She was sitting with Fand and Asd and six of the male residents. I sat next to Jolz. The residents all acted like they weren't 100% certain about what they were supposed to be doing. Jolz yelled at one of them to sit down and he tried to sit down right between Jolz and me. "No! Not here! Over there!" He wound up sitting next to Fand (who was sitting on my other side). Fand told us later that resident peed his pants while he was sitting next to her. I didn't notice anything had happened.

During the rodeo, Jolz admitted to Fand that there was a competitor there that she liked. He walked by us a couple of times and Jolz couldn't help but stare. Yeah, I have to admit he was rather handsome and he did look good in those jeans. But I didn't get jealous or anything. I honestly didn't mind. I knew he wouldn't be interested in Jolz and I'm certain she knew that, too.

After the rodeo was over, I walked behind Jolz and the residents as they went out to the van. After they all got inside, Jolz asked me to follow her to the other side of another vehicle, out of sight from the van. There, we gave each other a quick kiss. She told me to follow the van to the facility and then I could follow her to her house and we'd get to watch TV or something. I agreed and did as she said. I had to wait awhile at Volunteers of America as the residents went inside. Jolz and Fand had to make sure they got into their rooms before coming back out. Jolz, Fand and Asd all got in the same car and I followed them. I wondered if they were going to drop Fand off somewhere. But when Jolz parked the car in a driveway, all three got out and went inside. Was Fand going to be staying the night? Was she going to be like a third wheel or something? This didn't seem promising.

This was the first time I'd been to Jolz' house. When I went in, I looked around the living room. I saw pictures of her family, including her other brother, Asd and FAND!FAND WAS HER YOUNGER SISTER! You'd think she would have introduced her as her sister, but apparently, she also worked at Volunteers of America. I guess that never occurred to her. I never mentioned that oversight to her.

This was good news. (Even better news was the fact that her parents were in bed, so I didn't have to meet them.) Fand and Asd went straight to bed. Jolz changed into her pajamas and came out into the living room. They had a lot of VHS tapes. I guess she picked out a movie she thought I'd like and put it in. It was "Much Ado About Nothing." Yeah, I liked that, but I had seen it before. I was just hoping we'd be able to work our way to a makeout session after her sisters had gone to bed.

And that's exactly what happened. It was official. I now had a girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment