Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Girlfriend #7: Jolz, Part 3

Now that Jolz and I were pretty much official, I had to meet her parents. I came over one evening before Jolz and I were going to go out to dinner. They were nice people and they didn't seem to mind that I was about 12 years older than their daughter. They were both also very overweight. (The whole family was like this, even Fand and Asd.)

While we were driving to the restaurant, Jolz asked me what kind of relationship I wanted. Did I want us to be committed boyfriend-girlfriend, or did I just want it to be sexual without the commitment? At this point, I hadn't had enough sex to separate it from how I felt about someone. I told her I wanted us to be boyfriend-girlfriend. "Okay, good!" I don't know what would have happened if I'd chosen the other option.

Jolz told me a few details about her life. Her boss at Volunteers of America was also her best friend. On Friday nights, she would hang out with her friend and her husband, get drunk and pig out. This meant we could only go out on Saturday nights. She obviously didn't want me ever seeing her do that. I can't say that I wanted to.

But fairly soon after that, there was a Friday night that she wasn't going to be spending with her boss. AND her parents were going to be out of town for the weekend. She invited me to come spend the night with her. I agreed. I was looking forward to this.

She had me come meet her at Volunteers of America that Friday. I arrived and she was coming out of the main office. It was payday and she was out in the common area counting her money. The first thought that entered my mind was, "Uh, this is the last place you want to be seen flashing your cash." But before I could speak, a resident came up to her and asked, "Hey, Jolz, can you loan me some money?" She replied sternly, "No, I can't!" "Why not?" "Because it's against the rules!" "Well, I never heard of that rule!" and the resident simply walked away. I had to admit that even though she brought that on herself, I admired the way she stood her ground and handled that situation.

After that, we drove to Hometown Buffet, where her brother and sisters were waiting for us. Before we went in, there was some kind of tense discussion in which Jolz accused her siblings of not liking me very much. I guess they all knew I was going to be spending the night and were giving her a hard time about it, but I had no idea any of this was going on. (And I assume they started feeling this way about me after they found out that I was more than ten years older than Jolz.) It didn't matter. I was still planning on spending the night.

After we went back to her house, it was nothing but mayhem. I guess they always acted like this when the parents were gone. At this point, I wasn't certain if Jolz and I were going to be sleeping in the same bed. I didn't even know if we were going to be able to sleep with all the ruckus. Eventually, everyone went to their bedrooms. Jolz and I stayed in her parents' waterbed.

We did not make love, but we did engage in activities of a sexual nature. We fell asleep in each others' arms. After a couple of hours, she heard something going on in the kitchen and went outside to investigate. She told me to stay in the room. I could hear her yelling at someone to leave. After a few minutes of talk, whoever it was finally left. She came back in and told me it was a friend of her brother's who wasn't allowed to be in the house.

Nothing else happened the rest of the night. I didn't realize this, but that would be the last time I would spend the night at her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment