Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fraz and Stad

Years before I met Fraz, she was involved in a long-term relationship with a woman named Stad. She told me about them going out and hanging around with other people. Fraz didn't really pay attention to the others because Stad was all she could see, she was that in love with her. She would come across women from time to time who knew her from back then, but she didn't recall meeting them.

Fraz showed me several photos of her and Stad together. It looked like they had a rather fun and interesting relationship. But the breakup, which I think involved Stad engaging in drug use, was apparently very devastating for Fraz.

I eventually got to meet Stad when she came to a barbecue at Fraz' house. I never got the full story about how she got invited, but Fraz warned me ahead of time that she was going to be there. Stad appeared to be somewhat inebriated. Fraz needed me to go to the store to get something and asked Stad to go with me. After we got in the car, I could sense Stad just STARING at me. I didn't look her way while I was driving, but I got the idea she was thinking, "I can't believe that Fraz lets you have sex with her!"

When we got to the store, Stad asked an employee for assistance and she helped us find the thing she was looking for. Stad was very happy and gave the woman a hug. I don't know what was going through the employee's mind. She probably didn't realize that she'd just been sexually harassed.

The whole time at the barbecue, I had a hard time seeing Fraz and Stad together, like they were in the photographs. But when the barbecue was over, Fraz asked someone to drive Stad home. Then, Stad started giving Fraz bedroom eyes and said, "No, I don't want to leave. I want to stay here with you. Please let me stay here with you." THEN I thought, "Okay, now I can see it." Fraz still made Stad go home. I'm pretty certain Stad thought Fraz and I were going to engage in activity of a sexual nature after she left.

Fraz and I saw Stad a couple more times after that. We met Stad at her workplace, which was a thrift store. We went out to dinner. Stad was very pleasant to be around when she was sober. But she didn't try any more moves on Fraz.

The last time I saw Stad was at the Adams Avenue Street Fair. I was watching SeasonChanger perform. I saw Stad in the back of the crowd. I went over and told her hi. She didn't remember me. I had to remind her that I was Fraz' friend. She acted like she remembered, but I don't think she really did. We talked for a little bit. I told Fraz about seeing Stad, but she didn't show much interest.

I never met another one of Fraz' past relationships again.

No comments:

Post a Comment