Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Radio Tease #5: Saz

(What's a Radio Tease? Click here!)

Technically, I should classify Saz as a "Friend Zone" rather than a "Radio Tease" because we had something resembling a date. However, she spent most of the time being a tease instead of a friend.

She called me up one Friday night around 10pm and we started talking. I don't remember what the conversation was about, but the end of my shift came up and I told her we could continue the conversation after I got home in about five minutes. Immediately after I arrived at my apartment, I called her. We talked for another hour and we decided to go ahead and meet face to face right then and there. We arranged to get together at an all-night diner around the intersection of 1st and Prince Streets.

I arrived first. She showed up a few minutes later and excitedly found me. She was Hispanic and very pretty. We ordered a couple of Cokes and talked for about an hour. Twice, she reached over touched my hair, which was partially covering my face. I thought things were off to a really good start.

She continued to call me and we would talk from time to time. However, everytime I tried to get her to actually go out with me on Saturday night, she would always come up with the excuse, "I don't know what I'm doing five minutes from now! I certainly can't make any plans for this weekend!" I guess that was why we were able to meet that one time. It fit within her capacity for planning things out.

I guess she liked the experience of talking to a DJ so much that she started calling the other DJs at the station. I got kind of upset about this. I mean, we weren't even dating and she was already figuratively cheating on me. It was really bad because I would talk to the other DJs and they would tell me that they had been talking to this woman I knew. I guess she would go back and forth telling everybody stuff she discussed with the other DJs. I know, because that's what she did when she talked to me.

She started talking to Dod. Dod told me she had described herself as "stacked." I didn't really see her that way, but okay. Anyway, Dod was able to meet up and have sex with her. WHAT? I guess he was able to set all that up within her five minute time frame.

I stopped talking to her after that. Actually, that was easy to do because she stopped calling me. A couple of weeks later, the station had an event at the mall. She showed up to support Dod. She said hi to me. That was the last time I ever saw her.

I wound up hearing about her a few years later because she had become a friend of Chez, Kiz' younger sister. I was briefly a topic of discussion when they had gotten to know each other. One time, I talked to Chez and she told her to tell me hi. By that time, she had gotten married to someone in the Air Force, but Chez told me she was sleeping with other guys when he was away on duty.

I know where she's at now. She's a substitute teacher in Hereford, TX. A photograph on her Facebook page indicates that she's been married to the same man for 22 years, which would make it the same husband she had when she was in Chez' circle of friends. I can't tell for certain, but they may have had some children. One funny thing about her now is that while she was clearly Hispanic when I first met her, her skin color has changed into a causasian tone over time.

Maybe she doesn't do as much sleeping around as she used to, but I'm glad I didn't have to spend more than 20 years having to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment