Thursday, May 28, 2015

Jackpot!

Today, I have to return to writing about Girlfriend #2: Marz. And she's going to play a big role in tomorrow's post as well. Even though I ended the story on our relationship, there are some tidbits that I still need to tell that need their own articles. While this one is another doldrums of the relationship story, it ends in a way I never expected.

As I mentioned in Part 2, Marz was still hung up on her former boyfriend Nid, who had moved to Albuquerque. One thing I did not tell was how much she talked about this guy. He was good-looking, he got along really well with her family and they had a lot of sex. He was also a rich boy. A REAL rich boy, not one of those fakers who tried to date the rich girls. His grandfather was a well-known judge in Clovis, so the family obviously had money. Marz always said that if he ever came back to Clovis, she would marry him and leave me and everybody else in nothing flat. She was ready for the good life.

So, the time came when he returned to town for a visit. Marz had made him sound like he was 6'4", full of muscles and hair longer than mine. She got called at my house that he was at her house waiting for her. I hate to admit it, but I actually wanted to meet this guy and see what the big deal was all about. We drove to her house and he was on the front porch. Her friends and some family members were out there as well visiting with him. The first thing I noticed was that he was not very tall or muscular. AND he had short hair. (I have a feeling he was attending school at Albuquerque Academy and they had a rather strict dress code there.) But there was one thing she wasn't kidding about: He was very good-looking. I could tell I wasn't much competition for him. But the whole time Marz was talking to him, he kept looking at me. I could tell he was trying to figure out what my deal was. After about five minutes, Marz introduced us. I was civil toward him, but I didn't want to be his friend.

I left and went home. Later that night, Marz called me up and asked me to give Nid a ride over to his grandfather's house. She told me to meet them at her parent's house (which was just down the street from where she lived.) I got over there. Marz and Nid were walking over from her house. I could tell that they had been intimate since I had left.

Marz and her sister Vid rode with Nid over to his grandfather's. Marz got out of the car with Nid and they shared a very long kiss goodnight. That really tore me up. I questioned myself why the heck I was there and why I was willing to go through that torture. Marz got back in the car. She told me that he had asked about me and she told him I was just a friend. I'm pretty certain he didn't believe her.

The next day, Marz came by the house to get something that I had. I looked outside and I saw some of her siblings and Nid in the back of a pickup. I gave her whatever she needed and watched her get into the back of the pickup. As they drove away, I saw that Nid was pretty much commanding the conversation. Her younger brother (who never really cared much for me) was intently paying attention to everything Nid was saying. I figured that was what life was like when you were rich and good-looking. People just automatically look up to you. That was the last time I saw Nid.

So what does the title of this post have to do with Nid? Well, since I remembered his name so well, I was able to find out what he'd been up to. When I searched on his name and "Clovis." I found an obituary for his grandmother (the judge's wife). The obituary mentioned that Nid lived in Baton Rouge at the time. So, I searched on his name and "Baton Rouge." I found out he broke the law and it had a very embarassing consequence. JACKPOT!

Originally, I was going to go into coniderable detail about the offense. But I remembered my rule regarding writing about wrongdoings by others. Since his offense didn't really impact me, I have no reason to reveal it, but I can still gloat about it:

"Ha ha, Rich Boy! Your money couldn't buy you out of this situation. And I'll bet you got in trouble for the exact same thing before and your parents bailed your butt out! But they didn't help you this time! That means they wasted a lot of money trying to avoid what happened anyway because you never learned you are responsible for your own actions. It's a hard lesson and that information is just going to be there long after you die!"

There are worse things than being a loser. One of them is being a winner with a criminal record.

No comments:

Post a Comment