Friday, May 15, 2015

Radio Tease #7: Rez/I was such a cad!

(What's a Radio Tease? Click here!)

(What's a cad? Look below!)

Rez used to call in on a regular basis to send out dedications to her boyfriend during my nightly radio program on KZZO-FM in Clovis, NM. This took place over the course of about four weeks. One night, she started telling me she was having problems with him. I told her about how she always called in with dedications to him, but he never called me to make dedications for her. It was rather common for couples to reciprocate. It just seemed like she was more into the relationship than he was.

She called back from time to time and we would talk without her making any more dedications to that guy. She worked at Taco Box in the mall. I arranged to meet her before she started her shift one day. When she walked through the front door of the mall, she recognized me right away. She was rather cute. She was Hispanic, with long, black hair. She sat down next to me on the bench and we talked for a few minutes before she started her shift. Things appeared very promising after that first meeting.

During our conversations, it was apparent that she had been sexually active. However, she was still a little naive. She told me about how once at work, she bent over to get something out of a cabinet. One of the guys she worked with said out loud, "Every time she bends over, she initiates an erection!" She had to ask me what an erection was.

I came by to see her at work a couple more times. As usual, I kept trying to get her to go out with me, but I couldn't get her to commit to a date. I was really getting frustrated at this. Things got worse when she found out I was four years older than her. (I was 22 at the time.) I guess she thought I was maybe only a year older, but 22 was just too old for her. REALLY?

Eventually, I got a girlfriend and stopped talking to Rez. She never tried to call me at the station again or make another dedication.

A few months later, when I was having problems with my girlfriend, I decided to call Rez and see what she was up to. I still knew her phone number. (And yes, it was in hopes of trying to start something up.) I told her who I was and she seemed surprised to hear from me. She told me that she started dating some guy from the Air Force. He was a virgin and the first time they tried to have sex, he got nervous and it didn't happen. The second attempt, they were able to make love. However, she got pregnant from that and she was going to get married to him.

I never talked to her again. I don't remember her last name, so there's no way I can locate her on the Internet. She is gone for good.

Since today's blog entry is so short in terms of what I wrote about Rez, I will take this opportunity to wrap up this week of Radio Teases. One of the things I have to admit is that I was working on trying to get Rez, Diiz, Saz and Kiz to be my girlfriend all during the same period of time. (Friez left the picture before I really started getting into it with the other four.)

This meant I was attempting to juggle four women at the same time. Until it was close to the end, none of them knew I was talking to anyone else. However, there were times that I slipped up and would get a call from one of them and I would try to guess which one was calling. I didn't always get it right, leading whoever was calling to say, "WHAT?" However, they still kept talking to me. I was having a blast trying to keep track of the women and from letting on that I had my hands in several pies at the same time. I can almost understand why some men and women like to sneak around behind their partners' backs to get some side action. It was very exciting and thrilling to think that I was getting away with something.

During all this, however, I was still talking to Branz. I had a confidant in her. She knew about all four women because I told her about them. She even actually contacted Kiz and got some extra information. She told me that Kiz originally wanted to meet me at the mall so that if she saw me and didn't like what she saw, she would just walk away and never talk to me again. I asked Branz if she said that's what she would have done once she saw me. Branz said that Kiz never indicated what she actually would have done if that had been the scenario.

Things started to reach a boil that time I chased Kiz through Walmart (which I recounted in my blog post about her). I didn't realize it at the time, but Rez happened to be in Walmart that same time and saw me running through the store. She tried to get my attention by shouting my name. Honestly, I never heard her because I was too busy concentrating on catching up with Kiz. Rez called me later and asked me if I heard her calling me at Walmart. I hadn't. She then asked me why I was running. I told her I saw someone I knew and was trying to get her attention. She asked who I was going after. I told her it was Kiz. She told me she knew her from high school. I more or less had to admit that I had been trying to go out with Kiz. This was after Rez had found out how old I was, so my opportunity with her was already shot. There was no point in trying to hide anything from her.

This made the situation surrounding my quest for a girlfriend all the more irritating. I had four (now three) women who would talk to me on a regular basis and I couldn't get ONE of them to commit to going out with me.

But when you get right down to it, not ONE of these women I've written about this past week would have made a very good girlfriend. Friez lied a lot. Kiz and Saz were sexually active. (They wouldn't have put up with my efforts to remain celibate and would have hooked up with other guys behind my back.) Diiz and Rez were both very nice and I was compatible with them. However, they would have been rebound relationships and things would have ended rather quickly.

I have to point out that even the woman whom I eventually became romantically involved with was not a very good girlfriend, either. (I'll finally be writing about her extensively starting later next week.) When you're forced to live life as a loser, any choice you make in the love arena is likely to wind up being the wrong one.

No comments:

Post a Comment