Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Girlfriend #7: Jolz, The Last Part

At some point before the year 2000 ended, Jolz and I had ceased communicating with each other. I seem to recall her telling me that she and her current boyfriend were going to get married, so I knew I didn't need to be her friend anymore.

Over the next few years, I was able to track her on the Internet. I had found some photos of her, her husband and her sister Fand as they were part of some Star Trek fan group where everybody served as members of a "crew." (At least they didn't wear uniforms.) At the time, she looked like she was starting to gain the weight back.

I found her Facebook profile some time ago. She's still married to the same guy. Wedding photos that she posted showed that she had lost a lot of weight. However, she's had three kids since then and appears to be even heavier than when I first started dating her. She, her husband and their children appear to be very happy.

From what I can tell, she no longer works at the church in El Cajon. She may be involved in a couple of multi-level marketing plans. I have no idea what her husband does, but it looks like it's enough to support everyone.

Her sister Fand got married and had kids. Her brother Resd is a member of a cannabis organization. He appears to have gotten married and had kids. Her youngest sister Asd has a child and a significant other, but I can't tell if she's married. The weird thing is how much she resembles Jolz now. I thought one of the photos of her was Jolz taken a few years ago. The resemblance wasn't that obvious when she was ten years old. Their parents both appear to be living.

Before completely closing this chapter, I should point out that I did wonder for a few years if Jolz was going to be my final shot at someone I could get married to. I was 36 years old with no real prospects on the horizon. It was around this time that I knew that if I didn't meet the woman I was going to marry before I hit 40, it was never going to happen. This almost scared me more than the possibility of a lifetime with someone I didn't really care that much about in the first place.

But as we will eventually see (sometime in the future), that did not come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment