Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Girlfriend #7: Jolz, Part 8

A few months after we had broken up, I got a call from Jolz. This was the last thing I was expecting from her. She asked me to come out to a karaoke bar where her brother Resd was celebrating his birthday with family and friends. I was in the mood to do something different that night, so I agreed to meet her there.

At this time Abed's girlfriend Qued was living with us. I told them that I was going to go see Jolz that night and I was afraid that she was going to want us to get back together. I really didn't want to go and have to deal with that. I didn't want to hurt her and I was even more afraid that I would get back together with her because I really didn't have any better prospects.

I got over to the bar and found her. I was pleasantly surprised. She had lost at least 50 pounds since I last saw her. I hate to admit this, but she appeared WAY more attractive than when I last saw her. I was all, "Look at you!" She was glad to see my reaction and seemed really happy with how the bariatric surgery was turning out.

She admitted that the main reason she asked me to come was that she thought there was a possibility we could get back together. She said that she had been getting more attention from guys after losing a few pounds. But she felt like they were all being shallow because they didn't think much of her when she was heavier. She preferred to be with someone who seemed to like her for who she was and not how she looked.

The next thing I knew, we were embracing each other and kissing. I decided to just go with it. I couldn't believe I was doing this. And again, I knew it was not going to be forever. One of us was going to break the other's heart.

The first date we went on after getting back together was to see Teacher and her husband perform at Claire de Lune. After the performace, Teacher came up and gave me a hug, like she usually does when I'm at one of her performances. She remembered meeting Jolz before and briefly talked with us. Afterward, I asked Jolz if her bothered her that Teacher had hugged me. She said, "No, I know she's married... to someone I would swear is GAY!"

One funny thing is that we ended up going to see "The Blair Witch Project" at the $1 movie theatre in El Cajon. We went with her father. We didn't discuss THE ARGUMENT that led to us breaking up. She made no mention that she thought it was real and talked about it as fiction. I was rather relieved by this.

Early on, I brought up the topic about whether or not it was still going to be safe for us to make love after the six month restriction was over. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I lied to you about that. The doctor never said that. I was just afraid that something would happen and rip the stitches apart." In retrospect, I should have left her right there. I mean, I didn't have a problem not having sex if she was afraid like that. I just didn't like that she lied to me when she could have easily have told the truth. However, I knew this meant that we would get to make love a lot sooner than I expected.

She would come over to my house a couple of times a week. Sometimes we would go out, sometimes we would just stay at the apartment and do stuff. Sometimes, we would do that stuff when Abed and Qued were home. (We tried to be quiet.) She even spent a couple of nights over. It was rather nice.

But I wasn't really putting much effort into it. And I could feel she wasn't putting that much into it, either. We both just appeared to be biding our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment