Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Girlfriend #7: Jolz, Part 12

After Jolz and I parted ways, we continued to keep in contact with each other from time to time. I was kind of surprised she wanted to do that, considering how terribly I had treated her toward the end.

I wound up buying two tickets to see "Phantom of the Opera" in San Diego. I had hoped that I was going to be able to land a date. Fraz decided she didn't want to go because there was going to be violence. I'd asked another woman, Tez, to go and she agreed, but she backed out at virtually the last minute. That left me with one last resort: Jolz.

Jolz was excited about getting to go. However we both went into this knowing we were not going to get back together. It just wasn't going to happen. This was purely a date of convenience.

On our way to the theatre, she told me that she had decided to never have sex again until she was married. I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult.

We had a good time at the performance. I started driving out of the Downtown area toward El Cajon. As I was passing through an intersection, I suddenly saw a flash of light. I realized that I had been caught by the newly installed traffic camera. This meant I was likely going to get a ticket. I dreaded going to the mailbox each day.

Three days later, I got the citation. It showed a picture of my car in the intersection, a close up of my license plate and a close up of me driving, with Jolz' face blocked out. Yep, I'd been caught. However, I'd seen on the news how someone was able to get his ticket dismissed using one of the traffic codes.

About a month later, I went to court to challenge the ticket. I felt like I was properly prepared and looked up the information in the vehicle code that was provided as a reference. I presented my case, but the judge ruled against my argument. This meant I had to pay a fine of $236. The "Phantom" tickets cost me $150. This meant I shelled out almost $400 for a date with someone I didn't really want to take out in the first place. It was prom all over again.

The funny thing about this was that at the trial, the prosecutor presented the full photo as evidence. I realized that this was the only time Jolz and I had our picture taken together. And I didn't get to keep the picture.

A few months later, I had moved into my own apartment. Jolz wanted to come by and see it. She came in and we talked for a bit. She had been fired from her job by her best friend. This meant that she lost her insurance and wasn't able to have the proper follow up appointments on her bariatric surgery. She hadn't lost that much weight since the last time I'd see her. She was working full time as a baby sitter at the church she attended. She had started to see someone. She didn't tell me much about him except his name and that he was closer to her age than I was.

Then something funny happened. She laid face down on my couch and asked me to give her a massage. This was something I would do from time to time when we were together. I recalled that almost every time I did this before, we wound up making love. I did not know where this was headed. Fortunately, it did not lead to us removing any clothing. I wondered if she thought that if something happened between us, she would know that this new boyfriend was not the one if I was able to seduce her from him. I clearly had no intention of taking this any further, so she left after a little bit.

A couple of weeks later, she called me up. She had just gotten into a fight with her family. She asked me if she could come live with me. This was very perplexing. I asked her if her boyfriend approved of this. "Oh, yeah! He's right here next to me!" I thought, "You have GOT to be kidding me!" I can only imagine what he was thinking, knowing that she was going to try to live with the last guy she'd had sex with. (And she did tell me that she told him she'd had sex with all her former boyfriends.) I asked her to find someone else to live with. I guess she wound up making up with her family.

And when you get right down to it, this was the problem I had with Jolz the whole time we were together. She simply did not know how to handle having a boyfriend. She didn't know how to make him feel like he's the only one that matters. She just couldn't act like the best place in the world was to be next to the one she loved. If she decided she didn't want to take part in a certain activity that he wanted to do, she would find a way out of it. I imagine all her boyfriends experienced this.

But this was no longer my problem. Tomorrow, I'll tell you how things turned out for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment