Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Girlfriend #1: Roz, Part 3

In yesterday's post, I had gotten to the hand-holding stage with Roz. It was the most exciting moment of my life up to that point. It was hard to pull myself away from holding her hand. I really didn't know how things were going to top that, but I would soon find out.

The day after the first performance of "Arsenic and Old Lace" was a school day. Roz and I went to Drama class. We had our arms around each other for the first part of the class. After we were sent off in our regular groups, the teacher yelled at me and Roz for our public display of affection. I jokingly flitted Roz off in reply. It was kind of clear we had crossed a line in class.

We would have the second and final performance that night. (This was the night that Orld would blow his line late in the 2nd Act.) There were also plans for a cast party afterward in the auditorium. I bought my stereo and other people brought their records. I danced with Roz a few times and we had a good time.

Close to midnight, Roz took me into the auditorium's side entryway. It was dark. We were there by ourselves and slow-dancing to "Please Don't Go" by KC and the Sunshine Band. At the end of the song, Roz said, "I've been waiting to do this for a long time." She kissed me on the lips and kept her mouth there. I was stunned and trapped in the moment. I didn't know what to do. (Do know that she did not use her tongue. I'm glad about that. I didn't even hear about French kissing until a few months later. I really would have freaked out if my first kiss had been French.)

It felt like the kiss lasted longer than a minute, but time felt like it came to a stop right then, so I don't know how long it lasted. We eventually stopped kissing and held each other. I was about to say something, but then we heard a couple of guys right outside cracking up. I don't know if they were watching the whole time, but they seemed to think it was funny. It really ruined the moment because I didn't want anyone to know. (These guys were friends of one of the senior girls and they didn't go to school. I didn't have to worry about the talk around school from them, but it was still upsetting.) I went onto the stage and announced the party was over and started packing up my stereo. I drove Roz home without saying anything. I went home and found it very hard to sleep that night.

The thing that was hard for me to handle was that this all happened before our first official date. This is the reason I felt like things were moving too quickly. I would find out later that this was the norm for Roz.

That will get covered in tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment