Thursday, March 6, 2014

Girlfriend #1: Roz, Part 5

The day of my first official date was mostly spent hanging around the house, waiting for 6:00pm to arrive so that I could go out and pick up my girlfriend Roz. The only thing I remember doing during the day was watching the Elvis Presley movie "Clambake." I only remember that detail because Roz mentioned that her mother was a big Elvis fan.

The plan was for me to go pick Roz up at 6:00pm and we were going to go to a local steakhouse to have dinner. Mom and Dad had given me money to pay for both of us to eat out. I came by her house. Her parents were not home at the time. We got in the car and started driving. Roz then asked if we could go get pizza instead. She didn't have to ask me twice!

We ate our pizza and arrived at the dance. We were among the first people there. The DJ started playing the music and we started dancing. Roz turned out to be a very good dancer. Some of the guys I knew in the sophomore class would ask her to dance with them. She obliged them. I didn't feel any jealousy over this. Everybody seemed to like her.

At one point, she had asked this one guy if he wanted to dance. I knew the guy because he was in choir (and was the only person in school in both choir and band that year). All the girls thought he was really good-looking. However, he was kind of known as the type of guy who would love 'em and leave 'em. Again, I was not jealous. I just asked his girlfriend to dance with me.

Looking back, I realize that my inexperience with girls kind of made me a better boyfriend. Despite the rumors that I had heard about Roz "getting around," the thought never once entered my mind that she would just up and leave me for someone else (which, by the way, she didn't do). I was very trusting and had no reason to suspect anything was brewing with the guys she was dancing with. Now that I've been through the wringer a few times, I always find myself second guessing incidents similar to what I describe above. I wish I didn't do that, because most of the time, it's unwarranted. But I did lose some of my innocence with Roz, if not my virginity.

There was something that went on during the dance that I was debating whether to reveal in this blog. As noted before, I want to stay away from anything really sexual that took place during my life. This blog is not going to be about all the sex I had (or didn't have, in this case). However, I also need to make note of things that didn't seem funny at the time, but do now, so here we are.

All during the Homecoming dance, I had an erection. THE WHOLE FOUR HOURS! I'm not bragging, but I was never quite sure if it was noticable. The style at the time was tight pants, and while my pants weren't really that tight, I don't think they concealed what was going on inside. This proved to be a challenge when I went to the bathroom. That's how I discovered you can't really pee through an erection.

I don't remember anybody snickering or saying things behind my back. And no one said anything on Monday morning when I went back to school. It was kind of dark during the whole dance, so maybe nobody took the time to check out my crotch.

After the dance, we went out to my car and made out for about a half hour. I then drove her home. Afterwards, I drove over to the friends of my parents with whom I was to spend the night. As I previously mentioned, they were afraid I was going to bring her to the house and something bad was going to happen, likely in my bedroom, or even worse, their bed. (I was sleeping on a twin bed at the time.)

I woke up the next morning. The people I was staying with were still asleep. I left the house and went outside. I immediately noticed that someone had egged my car. The first thing I did when I got home was get the garden hose and rinse it off. I was mad about that because it was really cold that morning and I was getting wet. But I didn't want those eggs to stink up my car later on.

I don't remember what I did the rest of the day on Sunday. My parents and Loyd came back from the wedding. I didn't try to call Roz. I knew I would see her at school the next day. However, I didn't realize that I had hit my peak with Roz the night before and that everything would come crashing to an end later that week.

That's the subject of tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment