Friday, August 25, 2017

A popular myth appears to be true

During the three weeks that Perd lived with us, I decided to show him one of the episodes of "Denver Diner" that I had done. He found it fascinating that I attempted to be an actor at one point.

Like many people, when I'm watching myself on TV, I'm very hypercritical of my appearance. I mean, I was proud of my performance, but I didn't like the way I looked when I was on screen. I had this severe acne cluster along my jawline on both sides of my face. I've heard of this condition referred to as "p***y bumps." I'm certain most people didn't notice, but I knew they were there, because I was constantly working to rid myself of them. It didn't matter how much I popped and squirted, they were always there.

When I watched the show, those bumps looked as large as smallpox marks. Even though someone I had known for years was watching, I felt like Perd could see them and was focused on them.

Suddenly, I realized that I hadn't really dealt with the bumps much lately. I ran to the mirror and I was surprised that I didn't have that condition anymore. I'd heard the myth for years that once you've had actual sex, your skin clears up. However, I never thought it was true until then.

And I still don't know for a fact that it's true. It could be a coincidence that my skin finally matured at the age of 32. But I did find it odd that it took me an entire year to notice that something that drastic had changed about me.

But I still get regular zits, so maybe my skin hasn't fully matured. Maybe I haven't matured mentally, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment