Monday, May 1, 2017

We got things fixed and we're back to losing!



I honestly did not expect to take an almost year-long break from my blog. A lot of stuff has happened, but I think I'm in a good place where I can resume my writings.

However, there are going to be a few changes: I'll probably stick to my main story of my life: jobs, women and friends I encountered throughout my life. I'll probably cut down on posts that are general commentary.

One thing I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about is my involvement in the San Diego music scene from 1994 to 2003. A lot of it has to do with the fact that many of the people I encountered coukd be considered cult celebrities, and I want to use their real names (with the exception of one actual celebrity, who will appear very soon). I will post some stuff about my music experience here and there, but I'll be saving the bulk of that for Phase Three of the blog. (If you're new to the blog Here are the three phases: 1. The chronological story of my life as a loser. 2. Encounters with celebrities. 3. Certain stories that I missed in the chronological story of my life and various commentaries.)

I'm going to skip ahead and provide some recent updates in my life: For starters, I have attained a supervisory position at my current place of work, and I've been pretty good at it. But as has been the pattern of my life, I predict something is going to happen in the near future to take that away from me and it will become part of the story.

The other thing is that my father and his wife Gred passed away in the early part of October 2016. It was very devastating and I'm still trying to deal with that. What it means to this blog is that I may have a lot of questions that were left unanswered and I'll be constantly referring to him in the past tense, to borrow a phrase from my brother Loyd.

But it won't be all sadness in this blog. There will be plenty to laugh and be shocked about as I reveal a lot of really stupid decisions that shaped my life and somehow, I am still here to write about it all.

One thing you need to be aware of is that while I will attempt to post on a daily basis, I'm going to come across a few days in which I have to take a breather here and there. I won't always indicate ahead of time when I'm going to take a break. Just know that I'll try to get something up as soon as possible. For right now, I have about a month's worth of material already prepared.

We pick up where we left off tomorrow. Enjoy!

1 comment: