Monday, June 19, 2017

Adjusting to being single again

After Kelz had gone back home to Iowa, I decided I wasn't going to try to pursue another relationship for awhile. I was still trying to prepare the material for my CD release and wanted to get that completed without any further interruptions. And I also continued my campaign to get enough signatures to run for Mayor, but I was having so much trouble with that.

I was working to get over Kelz, but something happened that I hadn't expected. I had told her she could call me from time to time. However, she called me EVERY DAY! Sometimes, it was collect. Sometimes, it wasn't. She told me that bad things were going on at her grandmother's.

For starters, the drug-dealing father of her oldest child had come back into her life. In addition, the father of her most recent child had come over there from the Chicago area and was hanging out. Apparently, they were both causing problems for her.

She was also so worried that she would get sucked back into the Satanic cult. She called me all the time with all this bad stuff that was going on. This wasn't how I envisioned a short-term relationship to turn out. Every time I talked to her, I felt like I needed to do something.

Finally, it got to be too much for me. I asked her if she wanted to move out to San Diego to be with me. Without hesitation, she said, "Yes." After a little discussion about trying to make this happen, I told her I loved her. She told me she loved me, too.

So I had to scramble to find a new apartment. The good thing was that I wasn't going to need to purchase any new furniture and move it in. All the stuff in my studio was going to be spread out through a one-bedroom apartment. (I'll get to the details of my apartment in a future post.)

One bad thing about this is that I had already told my friends all the bad stuff about Kelz. This meant the heroin addiction, the prostitution, the children. At the time, I thought I was never going to see her again, so it really didn't matter what they thought of her. In fact, they even told me I'd dodged a bullet with her. But I guess that bullet ricocheted and came back to bite me in the butt.

And there were a lot of other things that had to take place before I got her out to San Diego. I'll go into that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment