Thursday, June 15, 2017

Girlfriend #6: Kelz, Part 3

After finding out that Kelz was being forced against her will to go back to her grandmother's in Iowa, she and I decided to make the best of what was obviously going to be a short-term romance. I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with her before I would never get to do that again. Her flight was scheduled to take off on Thursday. This particular day was Tuesday.

This was the night I had scheduled to finalize all the lead vocal work for my CD release. Zid was going to come to the studio and record her vocal.

It was exciting having Kelz sitting in the control room. I felt like she was inspiring me while I was singing. Later, Zid showed up with her father. She was able to record her part in just a couple of takes. I was so pleased with the outcome. It was truly going to be the highlight of the album. Zid and Kelz seemed to get along okay.

After I was done recording, I asked Kelz if she was going to be able to spend the night. She said she couldn't and I needed to drive her back to her uncle's house. We made plans to get together the next night.

When I came over Wednesday night, we went into the room where she had been sleeping. With a dour expression, she said that she had a lot to tell me and I might not like it very much. I was not expecting what she was about to tell me or that it would be so much:

1. She was a heroin addict.

She said she had been recovering and was going to Narcotics Anonymous meetings. She had spent time in rehab and was trying so hard to stay clean. She worried about the strong possibility she could get hooked again and didn't want that to happen.

2. She had been a prostitute.

A big part of being a heroin addict is doing what you have to do to get your next fix. She didn't want to return to this lifestyle to support a habit that had done nothing but destroy her.

3. She had been involved in a Satanic cult.

This was the real reason she left Iowa and moved to the Chicago area. She really didn't want to go back to Iowa because she was afraid of getting caught up in that again, which would also lead to more heroin and more prostitution.

4. She had been in trouble with the law on numerous occasions.

This is part of the territory when you're a heroin addict, a prostitute and a devil worshiper. This all led to her going into rehab.

5. She'd had another child a couple of years earlier.

She said this child was being raised by the father, who was a drug dealer in Iowa. She'd also left Iowa to get away from him.

Since this was only going to be a short-term romance, it didn't really matter to me at the time. She did not ask me to keep her from going back to Iowa, because she knew there was nothing I could do.

I told her there was something I needed to tell her about me. I revealed that I was still a virgin. She said she kind of got that vibe from me. When we hugged the first night before I left, she wondered if there was something wrong because I didn't try to make any moves on her. She thought maybe I didn't like her, even though we had arranged to get together the next night. She really thought that when I didn't try anything on the second date, either. But she figured it out when I went to change my clothes the night we spent together. That's why she didn't take off all her clothes.

She'd never met anyone like me, someone who wasn't just looking to get laid. She liked that I tried to get to know her. And if her grandmother wasn't making her go back to Iowa, she could see us being more permanent. All she could ask at this time was to be able to touch base with me from time to time to help keep her on track. I said I would do that for her.

We didn't go out and do anything that night, except make out a little in her room. She would be leaving the next night and asked me to come see her before she left for the airport. I came over Thursday and helped her pack. We held each other for awhile and then said our goodbyes.

After this, her uncle asked me if I wanted to go see her off at the airport. I said, no, I'd just said my goodbyes then and wanted to leave it at that. Kelz and I hugged and kissed one last time before I left to go home.

Later that night, I got a collect call. It was Kelz. She said she was in Ontario waiting for her connecting flight to Iowa. I was still trying to wake up. "Canada or California?" It was California. I guess she had a LONG layover.

Even though this is the last "part," this is not the end. Not by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment