Monday, June 12, 2017

Girlfriend #6: Kelz (A prelude)


I am about to embark on the story of the most complicated relationship I have ever been involved with. It's so complicated, I have to properly prepare you for what is about to transpire in this blog.

The story of Kelz is not as epic as Chez. That spanned over a period of more than nine years. My on-again, off-again romance with Kelz lasted less than two, but it had a greater impact on my life.

What happened with Kelz is not all bad, but it was very much like a rollercoaster. There were peaks and valleys in terms of emotions the whole way through. There were times that things were so good that I would forget about the low I just crawled up from and could not see another drop quickly arriving. And the pitfalls were so full of despair I felt trapped with no control on how to work my way out of them.

As of the publication of this post, I estimate there will be more than 20 articles about Kelz. They will not follow the usual "Part 1, Part 2, etc." format after the first few articles. They'll all get their own titles, so don't be fooled. With the exception of my postings on Fridays, they will almost ALL be about Kelz, or at least, involve her.

There will be times you will probably slap your head at the sheer stupidity of my naivete. (My head still suffers from self-inflicted injuries.) But also know that after everything finally came to an end, I was able to walk away pretty much unscathed, unlike what happened after Chez and Joad left.

So, get ready for at least two months of thrills beginning tomorrow. Know that I'm probably doing a lot of screaming as I write these.

No comments:

Post a Comment