Monday, September 25, 2017

The Big Move

The day had come that I was going to abandon Kelz and Sasd and take all my furniture and other belongings to my new apartment. I had it planned for the afternoon. I was going to pick up Abed, go over to Thoz' apartment, get her roommate's pickup and the three of us were going to take a few trips to transport everything. From what I could tell, Kelz hadn't figured out what she and Sasd were going to do for a place to live.

But I still had several hours before I would get to do that. In the morning, I went over to Jaid's apartment. This was the point that we had the conversation in which he told me Kelz had slept with Krud. When I went back to my apartment, Kelz informed me she heard everything and we got in a shouting match. She didn't like that I was kicking her to the curb, but she didn't see that she had done things that made me want to leave.

At one point, she calmed down and asked if she and Sasd could come stay with me in the cottage until she could figure out where they could go. I really didn't want them to have to live on the street. I figured that getting out of that environment with Jaid, Krud and Wod would be an improvement for all of us. Against my better judgement, I told her that yes, they could come stay with me temporarily.

The very next second, she started getting angry. "I can't believe that you cheated on me with Thoz!" I knew where this was heading. I said, "Okay, that's it! I've changed my mind! You and Sasd are NOT going to stay with me!" Then she came toward me and started screaming. She tried to dig her fingers into me and wound up shredding my t-shirt off. Then, she went into the bedroom where, for some reason, we had this big rock on the floor. She picked it up and threw it. It knocked a hole in the drywall. I realized I was probably not going to get my security deposit back. (There were other damages in the apartment, including having the bedroom door torn off the hinges from her slamming it so much.)

I had already moved all my clothes and other small items over to the cottage. This meant that I didn't have a clean shirt to wear. Fortunately, a dirty t-shirt of mine that Kelz had worn was on the floor. I was able to put that on and wear it. I left the apartment and didn't plan to return until I was going to come back with the pickup. Even though I spent the next couple of hours at the cottage, I didn't change the shirt. I figured if she was just going to tear another one off me, it might as well not be one that was clean.

The time came for me to pick up Abed and go over to Thoz'. We got there before her roommate had gotten home, so we had to wait. Thoz told me she wasn't going to be able to help me move. She said it was too bad, because she was looking forward to Kelz attempting to attack her so she could empty a whole can of pepper spray into her face. I was actually glad that wasn't going to happen.

Thoz' roommate arrived and gave me the keys. She didn't want any money for the pickup, but did ask that we fill up the tank. That wasn't a problem. Abed and I went to the apartment. Wod was there. All Kelz would do was say mean things about me while we were grabbing stuff. We loaded up the furniture, drove it over and took it inside.

When we returned, Krud came out and asked, "Hey, where's your girlfriend? I thought she was going to be helping you!" He was talking about Thoz. I guess when Kelz told him she thought I was cheating on her, she built up this image of Thoz as a "tall, skinny hoochie mama with big boobs." I'm certain Krud thought, "Wow, her boobs are bigger than Kelz'? I gotta check this out!" So, he was probably very disappointed that Thoz wasn't there.

Abed and I did the second load and came back one more time. Kelz continued her tirade about me kicking her to the curb. Abed then yelled at Kelz, "What the f*** is wrong with you? You'd better stop doing this s***!" After we left, Abed questioned why she would hang out with some homeless guy who was drinking out of a 40-ounce bottle of beer and why she would want to expose her baby to that. I don't know how Abed felt before about me abandoning them, but I think after he saw for himself what was going on, he agreed that I was doing the right thing.

We filled up the pickup with gas, thankful that Kelz or Wod didn't attempt to damage it. We took it back to Thoz' roommate and I drove Abed home. I went to the cottage and started arranging my belongings. While this was going on, I got a call from Kelz. (I had given her my new phone number.) She said that Krud had talked his mother into allowing her and Sasd to stay with her. She said it was a large house and there was plenty of room. I was relieved she was able to get help and surprised that it came from Krud. She also asked me to apologize to Abed for her. She didn't mean to make him yell at her.

Since I knew she wasn't there, I went back to the apartment to survey the damage. It wasn't any more damaged than when I made my last trip with the furniture. That was something else to be thankful for. While I was doing this, Krud came by. He told me he could show me where his mother lived and that we should go over and see Kelz and Sasd. His mother and step-father lived in the San Carlos neighborhood of San Diego. It wasn't very far away. He said the best thing about it was that it was miles away from the closest 7-Eleven.

I met Krud's mother and step-father, Mr. & Mrs. B. They seemed nice. I was a little afraid of how Kelz might take advantage of the situation and become an attractive nuisance again. But if there was going to be a problem, it would happen here and not at my house. Kelz didn't have a whole lot to say to me. She was calm, but still angry.

Krud and I drove back. I went about trying to clean the apartment. Krud told me he knew someone who could fix that hole in the drywall. I told him that the next day was the last day I'd be able to be in the apartment and I didn't think that would be enough time to arrange to get it fixed. I was just going to have to lose money on the deposit.

Krud asked me, "I'm probably never going to see you again, am I?" I responded, "Probably not." It turned out to be true.

But it was not the last time I saw Kelz. We are still quite a ways from the end of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment