Sunday, December 6, 2020

Girlfriend #8 (A Prelude)


Romantically speaking, I'm about to enter the last phase of my life on this blog. This means an end to all the girlfriends, friend zones, ring zones, Mistops, Lostops, etc. I can't possibly keep you in suspense. The next woman I write about will be the one I wound up marrying and having a child with.

As I indicated in a previous post, I was about to give up on this prospect. In fact, I had my sights set on just dating without any serious commitments. But that all changed sooner than I expected. Actually, it was within ten days after I came up with the plan to send letters confirming my bachelorhood.

I'll be going into more details about everything that happened during my posts for the next few weeks. I still have plenty to say about my experience working for Walmart. (I've barely scratched the surface.) I also wound up with a few different employers in the next few years, so it's not all going to be about one person (although I could easily make it that way).

Before all this happened, I was in a bad place. I was barely scraping by and I had to depend on the hospitality of my friends Abed and Pesd to provide me with a place to live. I couldn't imagine any woman wanting to have anything to do with me, so I wasn't even going to start trying to find someone to be with. I truly didn't have anything to offer outside my 10% Walmart discount.

But once I got my own apartment, my confidence in myself was restored and I was able to start hunting for a girlfriend on the Internet. I didn't waste much time on that.

However, the big question for me moving forward was, "What name am I going to use to refer to my wife on this blog?" On Facebook, I've only ever referred to her as "Ms. Ogolon" without providing her first name. It doesn't make sense to call her "Ms. Ogolon" on this blog when detailing our courtship because we weren't married yet. And I'm not going to call her "The Future Ms. Ogolon." That's just going to use up too many keystrokes.

So, what is her name going to be? It's "Myz." She will eventually become "Myz Ogolon."

She will constitute "Girlfriend #8." Since this subject on the blog will have no end, I'm not going to title the articles "Girlfriend #8: Myz (Part 1)." They will each have their own titles.

I do have to let you know from the start that there isn't going to be a lot of drama, like I had with previous girlfriends. That's actually a good thing, because I didn't think a lot of drama was a very good foundation for a marriage.

And it all begins tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment