Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Internet Tease #4: Riez

Before things started going full steam with Myz, I was continuing to see if there was someone in San Diego that I would be able to meet on-line. I was still excited about the prospect of meeting Myz in person, but I was concerned about having to drive all the way up to San Jose and was also thinking that maybe I needed to meet someone closer to my own age. This was what I was striving for. It wasn't like I was targeting women in their 20s, but they seemed to be the only women who showed any interest in me.

I came across Riez on AOL. I don't remember which chat room (but it was probably one of the "Big and Beautiful" ones). She was 35 years old and lived in San Diego. I don't remember too much about her. I do recall that she seemed to think I was very funny while we were chatting. I had actually gotten rather good at being clever when chatting on-line and I guess she liked my sense of humor. Once she suggested that we go get ice cream. I told her that I was up for that. "Are you serious?" I actually thought we were going to meet.

I guess she decided not to meet right then and there, but did ask me to send her a picture of me. I sent the two photos that were stored on the computer. She sent me a couple of photos of her. I recall that one of the photos showed her with a big smile. I commented that she had nice teeth. The other one almost looked like a photo on an ID badge. She appeared to be someone that Fraz would take an interest in. I wasn't ready to go down that road again, so I decided that if we became involved, I would delay her meeting Fraz as long as possible.

I gave Riez my phone number and told her she could call me. I was expecting her to call me right away. But she didn't. In fact, she didn't call me until the next day.

By this point, I had already started on the plans to drive up to San Jose to meet Myz. I was actually becoming invested in this. This may have been on my mind when my phone rang. The person on the other end said, "Is this Fayd?" "Yes, it is." "Do you know who this is?" (Great... Someone playing Internet Roulette, but I knew this couldn't be anyone else.) "Is this Riez?" "Yes, it is!"

I know that I was not being as clever or funny on the phone as I had been during our chats. And I know I can easily do that over the phone. But with her not really being that attractive and her not giving me enough to work with, the conversation just fell flat. We were only on the phone for about five minutes before she said she had to go. I guess it was better that I disappointed her then instead of later. It allowed me to concentrate my efforts on meeting Myz.

I don't know her last name, so I have no idea where she is now. I was just glad she didn't get in the way of me taking my next big risk.

More on that Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment