Tuesday, December 15, 2020

A Sleepless Night

After our embrace in the Chuck E. Cheese parking lot, Myz asked me where I wanted to go. I suggested Denny's, which was right around the corner. She said she'd drive her car over there while I drove mine. Even though she appeared very happy to finally get to meet me face to face, I was still afraid she was going to use this as an excuse to just run off and leave me behind. I got in my car and she actually did drive and park at Denny's.

I was so glad that our date was continuing, I went up and embraced her again. We went inside, ordered some appetizers and drinks, and started talking. I told her about my ride up. She told me about how anxious she was during her class. She just couldn't wait for it to end.

One thing she told me was that her brother was no longer living at the house with her and her cousins. "Oh, do you want me to go ahead and sleep on the couch like we had originally planned?" "Oh, no! I don't want my cousins to see you. You can still sleep in my room." (Well, okay then.)

I don't remember everything else we talked about, but I do remember getting up and going to the bathroom. She was still there when I got back. Always a good sign.

We left Denny's and I followed her back to her house. Again, she did not try to ditch me. She drove into a mobile home park and went to a guest parking area where there was a playground. I parked my car, grabbed my bag and went into her car. We sat and talked a little bit longer. During this time, I started holding her hand. Almost immediately after I intertwined my fingers with hers, she says, "Wait a minute here," and removes her hand. Uh-oh! Did I do this too soon? She reached and got a tube of lotion. She squirted some on her hand and started massaging mine. "This is something I learned in my massage therapy class!"

We talked a little bit longer as she continued the hand massage. She then had to do the other hand. It was nice. She said, "I think my cousins are asleep now." Myz drove her car over to their mobile home. We got out and went inside. Her bedroom was across from the driveway door. She pointed where the bathroom was. I grabbed my toothbrush, toothpaste and sleeping clothes (a t-shirt and the sweat pants from my Halloween costume) and went into the bathroom. After changing clothes, brushing my teeth and using the bathroom, I left my toothbrush and toothpaste on the sink and went back into the bedroom. I was aware there were other people in the house, but I couldn't hear them.

We got into bed and laid down. We told each other good night. I started kissing her on the lips. We continued making out for the next couple of hours before we finally fell asleep.

We woke up a few hours later. We were still tired. Myz asked me if I still wanted to go to Monterey. I said it would be a good idea if we left the house, but I was still really tired from having to drive the day before and I was going to have to drive home again later that day. I was going to have to take a nap in her car while we drove down. I didn't like that I couldn't be 100% alert during this time, but she didn't seem to mind. I tried to sleep on the drive down, but I was not able to conk out before we got there.

She asked me if I wanted to see Cannery Row. I don't know if she knew this, but I really liked that novel by John Steinbeck. I was expecting the area to resemble the description in the book, but the whole area looked like Toon Town with a drive through. It was a tourist trap, like Seaport Village in San Diego, but on a much larger scale. Where did all the winos go?

We also walked around the wharf for a little bit. We went up to one of those photo booths to get our picture taken. She asked me to choose a background. I chose the one that said, "I (heart) You." She didn't say anything when I picked that. We posed and had the photo taken. We had two copies made. (It's interesting, because a lot of photo booths don't have the option for making more than one copy.)

We drove back to San Jose. We were definitely enjoying our time together. We went back to her house and into her bedroom. While we were making out, we started engaging in activity of a sexual nature. I was surprised at how fast this was moving along. She asked me if I wanted to spend the night that night and wake up early enough to make it in time for work the next day. I was very tempted. I think I was scheduled to start at 4pm, but I didn't want to risk trying to drive all day and then trying to summon up the energy to work an eight hour shift, especially after I had gotten little sleep the night before and expected to get the same amount that night. I had to tell her no, but I definitely wanted to come back up in a few weeks. She seemed disappointment, but said she understood.

As I got ready to leave and we were saying our goodbyes, I had trouble coming up with a way to close this incredible time together. I pulled a Ted Mosby: "I love you!"

She hesitated for a moment, then she said, "I love you, too." But I didn't hear 100% confidence in her voice. I think she didn't really know what to say, either.

"I'll see you soon. I promise."

As I left, I hoped I hadn't just ended the relationship.

It turns out I hadn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment