Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Fayd vs. The Fireworks Factory



I never expected to go more than a year and a half between posts. I feel bad about neglecting the blog. While I can easily say that I've been stressed out by work all this time, it's only partly true.

The real fact of the matter is that I'm about to embark on being a true grown-up. All that wacky and wild stuff that happened to me when I was younger kind of made me want to stop getting into those kinds of situations anymore.

I enjoyed doing the blog because even I was astounded by all of the messes I had gotten myself into, with crazy ex-girlfriends, dead end jobs and a string of cars that constantly broke down. Somehow I lived through it all. But I was just about done taking chances. I was lucky to still be alive after all that.

So, to use a "Simpsons" metaphor, I've about run out of fireworks factories to get to. I had so many of them before. I couldn't wait to finish with one just so I could get to the next one. If you found them exciting to read, I found them exciting to write.

And I am excited to write about the final phases of my life. I have to figure out a good stopping point. Everytime I think I have finished all my milestones, I always keep hitting more and more. I'm also afraid that if I end the blog, that will mean I no longer exist on a physical plane. (Sometimes, I already feel like that.)

There will definitely be stuff worth reading coming up. I hope you'll all be interested in the real adult period of my life. I know I was never ready for it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment