Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Tempted Beauti-Col

My encounters with Kelz after I made her move out kept becoming more and more bizarre. She would often come by the apartment to see how things were going. I never really knew when to expect her, but when she did show up, I was always glad to see that she was still alive.

I still did things for her. Once, I took her to a nearby thrift store to get a pair of shoes. We found a pair of Skechers that happened to be her size.

If she said she was hungry, I would take her out and get something to eat. There was one time when we went to Jack in the Box in Hillcrest. While waiting for our food, she ran into this guy she knew. The person appeared to be homeless and I got the idea this was someone she had slept with. After we got our food, we started to leave. He asked if he could come with us. Kelz looked at me like she wanted him to join us, but I told him no. I never saw that guy again.

Another time she came over, I told her I was going to go to the Wikiup Cafe for the monthly showcase and invited her to come with me. But she said she had to meet up with Brod in a few minutes. It was just as well. This was going to be the showcase that Reaz was scheduled to perform. I found Reaz at the cafe. We sat down at the same table and started talking. Another singer-songwriter named Jez was there with her fiance. Jez had also been at the open mic night the week before. They both had seen me perform a couple of songs. Jez and her fiance sat at the next table, but Jez would frequently add something to the conversation between Reaz and me. We were mostly talking about our musical experiences.

All of a sudden, Kelz came in. I asked her what happened to Brod. She said he just dropped her off there at the cafe. Kelz sat in a chair behind me, but between the two tables. Reaz, Jez, her fiance and I continued our conversation. Kelz just sat there and listened.

Reaz got up and performed her set. It went very well. She came back and sat down. Next, it was Jez' turn. Every once in awhile, I would say something to Kelz. At one point, I remember leaning over and purposefully touched her forehead with mine while we were talking. I was actually surprised at how flirtatious I was being with her, even though I was trying to start something up with Reaz.

I asked Kelz what she was going to do later. She said, "I want to go back to your place." "And what do you want to do there?" "Whatever you want."

I turned my head to watch Jez perform. I had to think about this. I knew that Kelz and I couldn't live together again, but I couldn't say that I was ever adverse to making love with her again. I had just never considered that possibility would arise. I thought about waiting until after Jez' set was finished to see if Kelz wanted to leave. But she was only a couple of songs in and she was scheduled to perform for a half hour. I suddenly realized I couldn't wait that long.

In what was probably just ten seconds after she spoke to me, I asked Kelz if she was ready to go. She said she was. I said goodbye to Reaz and told her I would see her again.

Kelz and I went back to my apartment. We went into the bedroom. I started trying to hold and kiss her and move her toward the bed. She appeared playfully resistant to laying down. Then she said she had to go to the bathroom. I waited in the dark bedroom. After a few minutes, she came out of the bathroom and went into the living room. She wasn't wearing any pants. She sat down in the comfy chair.

I went up to her and tried to hold her. But she said, "You know, I'm not really ready for any kind of a relationship right now." I tried to get her to come back into the bedroom, but she wouldn't move from the chair. I just took that to mean that we weren't going to make love. She was just going to hang out for a bit and then leave. I just could not figure out what was going on. Why did she seem so willing and then suddenly lose interest?

At the time, I thought the problem was because I didn't behave all manly in trying to get her to make love. I knew that if the opportunity arose again, I would have to do something differently. And I did just that when it did, but it didn't work out the way I expected. As usual, that will be a post for another day.

Sometime later, I think I figured out what happened. She could probably tell that I was interested in Reaz and decided to see if she could play a game to pull me away from her. She likely had no intention of actually making love that night. She actually pulled a V-block.

(And a side note: Jez was someone I was attracted to and I would run into her years later. However, she didn't marry that guy and I never got involved with her. But she will be making another appearance in this blog WAY in the future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment