Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A needed vacation

For the first time ever, I was not just taking a vacation from my work. I was taking a vacation from my life. With everything that had been going on with Kelz and Sasd, I really needed a break to try to get my head on straight and connect with family and friends. I had planned to go to Artesia, Albuquerque and Denver and do my usual route through Las Vegas.

This would also be my first trip in more than a year in which Kelz didn't come along. My parents were very pleased they weren't going to have to put up with her nonsense. I didn't have to worry about buying endless amounts of snacks to keep Kelz fed and I didn't have to worry about the problems associated with bringing a baby on a road trip, especially a baby with respiratory issues.

I don't recall anything eventful that took place while I was visiting my parents. Maybe that was the bad thing about not bring Kelz along. It wasn't very memorable. I'm certain someone would have wound up getting injured or arrested if she had come along.

One of the things I had planned on this trip was to reconnect with a couple of old high school friends, Led and Rod. I had seen Led a few times while I was going to college and would see him when he came to visit his family for Christmas. I hadn't seen Rod since my trip to New York City in 1984. I had contacted with Led and made arrangements to stay at his apartment.

I've already gone into a pretty good amount of detail about what happened during this trip to Albuquerque in the links I provided above, so I don't need to rehash all that. I can say that when I told Led I was going to try to look up Rod while I was there, he said he didn't care much for Rod while we were going to school with him "...and it's not because he's gay!" I had to acknowledge that Rod could be deceptive at times, but he was one of the few people in high school I had anything in common with.

I drove up to Denver where I was going to be staying with Rid and his wife. I had met her a couple of years earlier during my last trip to Denver (which I did not blog about). However, as it turned out, he was never legally married to that wife because she never finalized her divorce from her first husband. But she is one of the two women that Rid had a child with. This visit was before she got pregnant. During this time, Rid was taking care of his son. I spent so much time at Rid's house that his son said at one point, "I have two daddies!"

I also saw Knod and her mother. Knod was really getting fed up with the threats from Kelz. Since Kelz would always hang up the phone before she could explain that we were just friends, she asked me to give Kelz a written message. She wrote it on the outside of an envelope.


I guess I never gave Kelz the letter. But it wouldn't have made a difference.

I also don't remember much about my trip to Vegas this time. This just turned out to be a really dull vacation.

And that was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment