Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Right back where we started

So, Kelz and Sasd were starting to overstay their welcome at Mr. & Mrs. B's. I don't know what was going on during those times I wasn't around, but I'm pretty certain drama found its way into their house on a regular basis. And it probably brought a few buddies along. I guess I'm glad I was never aware of everything that went on.

Apparently, a decision was made that Kelz and Sasd needed to go back to Iowa to move back in with her grandmother. A plane ticket was purchased and plans were made. They were supposed to leave on a specific day at a specific time and there was no turning back. I actually was counting down the days until I never had to worry about them again.

And then Sasd got sick. Not really, really sick (like she had to go to the hospital), but had a slight cold. As you're probably aware, it's not a good idea to get on a plane if you have a cold. It could cause permanent ear damage. So Kelz was able to get a delay on the air travel.

But there was a problem. Mr. & Mrs. B had planned a vacation to start right after Kelz and Sasd were supposed to leave. (I guess they felt they REALLY needed that.) They couldn't delay their trip. So Kelz asked me if she and Sasd could stay with me while they went on their trip. I really wasn't in a position to say no. This meant they were moving back in with me.

Kelz said that in return, I would only need to pay her back half the money she loaned me. That was going to help. After all, this was supposed to be temporary until Sasd felt well enough to get on the plane. This wasn't going to be like when Kelz moved back in when she was pregnant. However, we didn't have a set expiration date for this. I had no control over the travel arrangements and I guess it was Kelz who did. This was all going to have to be per her schedule. This was one thing I didn't consider.

So they moved in with me and Mr. & Mrs. B left on their vacation. And Kelz and I began what would become the final phase of our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment