Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Seduction: The Cruel Ex

While I was still trying to adjust to my single life, I found it very hard because I continued to have frequent contact with Kelz. Sometimes, we could be friends and go out and do things with Sasd. Other times, she would act like a crazy ex-girlfriend, and it was worse than the first time I kicked her out of the apartment.

One day, I was at work. A man wearing a tuxedo shirt and cummerbund came in with a whole bunch of pizzas. He was from some gourmet pizza restaurant I'd never heard of. (I was still so poor at the time that if I didn't have a coupon or could get the pizza for $1 a slice, I didn't get it.) He said he had a delivery for me and that it was $120. I told him I didn't order any pizza. The expression on his face turned into a blank stare. "Uh, then who did?" "It was probably my ex-girlfriend." "I don't know what I'm going to do..." He walked back out the door.

My supervisor was disappointed. He actually thought I had ordered pizza for everyone that day. I felt really bad for that guy. If I'd thought about it at the time, I would have given him a $20 bill as a tip. He was probably expecting a big tip for that delivery and he was going to have to walk away empty handed.

About a half-hour later, I got a call at work. It was someone from the pizza place and he was demanding answers. I gave him Kelz' name and the phone number to Mr. & Mrs. B's. I can only assume that all he was able to do was call her and yell at her, but didn't get any money. Later that day, I came home to a phone message featuring Kelz cackling wickedly.

And Kelz was also dead set on making life hell for my female friends. I had already written about how she used to threaten Thoz. Well, she decided to do the same to Knod. Anytime Kelz actually got Knod on the phone, Knod would try to explain that we're only friends, she doesn't think of me that way and that I'm like a brother to her. Kelz just didn't want to hear it. Knod was used to getting death threats from other people, so this wasn't any skin off her back. She just didn't like how it was coming from someone she hadn't even met.

Kelz once told me that Sasd would cry every time I left Mr. & Mrs. B's. I'd never noticed it before. One day, I came over. Sasd had just woken up from her nap and she was obviously very excited to see me. But Kelz had some bad news. She said she didn't want me to be in Sasd's life any more. She felt like if I wasn't going to be around for the long run, I didn't need to be coming over any more. This saddened me, but I agreed it was for the best. Before leaving, I told Sasd to be a good little girl and not cry when I leave. Kelz said, "Oh, she's gotten over that." As soon as I closed the door, I could hear Sasd crying. REALLY LOUD! I could hear her all the way across the street as I walked out to my car. It was heartbreaking.

But no, that wasn't the last I would see of them. Kelz called up the next day and needed me to do something for her. That didn't last long.

One of the perks of my job is that the local organization that brought touring Broadway productions to town would give us free tickets. I took Kelz to see "Cats." In the middle of the show, she got mad at me for some reason and sat a few seats away from me. I think she got the idea I had developed a "thing" for one of the cats. A few weeks later, we went to see "West Side Story." A woman I'd never met before or spoke to before the show occupied the other seat next to me. Kelz started getting jealous that I was sitting next to another woman. I pointed out that she was sitting next to a guy. "Yeah! But this guy's a faggot." I offered to change seats with her. The guy in the next seat asked, "What is up with her?" "She's got a lot of problems. You have no idea." And then Kelz and the other guy got into a shouting match in which Kelz called him a "faggot" again. He and his boyfriend got up and left. A few minutes later, they got seated closer to the stage. I was glad they got to benefit without us having to get thrown out. She actually did enjoy "West Side Story."

We also went to see "Beauty and the Beast." We didn't have any problems there because we had aisle seats. However, there was a rather tall man sitting directly in front of her. Even with the stadium seats in the balcony, it wasn't much help. She still enjoyed it.

During all this, Kelz decided to give Welfare another try. Because of where she was living now, she was told to go to the downtrodden Welfare office instead of the rather pleasant one. She asked me to drive her and Sasd there to an appointment. It turned out that she wasn't just there for an appointment. She was also there to meet a guy she had somehow connected with. This guy's name was Ned. I wound up having to watch Sasd while Kelz was clearly flirting with this guy.

After the Welfare appointment, Ned got in the car with us. He was going with Kelz to Mr. & Mrs. B's. He sat in the backseat. Kelz and Ned continued their flirting while I was driving. At one point, he had his hand across her chest. I didn't know what to say. I just hoped I wouldn't have to come across Ned very often.

After she started receiving Welfare money, she decided to get her tongue re-pierced. She was able to contact Aard, who had moved to a new location in Downtown San Diego. We went to his new studio and she set up an appointment for the piercing. (He acted like he'd never met her before.) The day of the appointment, I arrived at Mr. & Mrs. B's to find that Ned was there. I put Sasd's seat in the car. She told me Ned was coming. I asked if I was going to drop him off somewhere before we got to Aard's. She said he was coming with us for the piercing. I told her, "I didn't agree to that!" I took the car seat out, put it on the street and drove off. Kelz called me up later at home and cussed me out. Later, she set another appointment and assured me that Ned wasn't coming this time.

I didn't really like that I had to resort to a public display of anger like that. And I really didn't like that Mr. & Mrs. B were seeing the worst side of me. However, it didn't really matter. I found out that Kelz had been saying a lot of bad things about me to them and they apparently believed it. I tried calling Mr. B to try to set the record straight, but he just appeared to patronize me.

Once, Kelz and I got into a verbal altercation and she started trying to push me out of the house. Since Mrs. B was watching, I clasped my hands behind my back so I couldn't be accused to lifting my hands to harm her. I resisted what I could to get pushed out of the house. I decided it was pointless to continue and just left.

I figured out that day that some people are just going to think bad things about me and it doesn't matter what I try to do otherwise. I had to look on the bright side: As long as I wasn't being arrested, everything was just fine.

Another bright side: I had a vacation coming up. I'll get to that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment